The Simple Approach to the 12 Steps!
- There’s a power that will kill me.
- There’s a power that wants me to live.
- Which do I want? (If you want to die, stop here. If you want to live, go on.)
- Using examples from your own life, understand that selfishness, dishonesty, resentment, and fear control your actions.
- Tell all your private, embarrassing secrets to another person.
- Decide whether or not you want to live that way any more.
- If you want your life to change, ask a power greater than yourself to change it for you. (If you could have changed it yourself, you would have long ago.)
- Figure out how to make right all the things you did wrong.
- Fix what you can without causing more trouble in the process.
- Understand that making mistakes is part of being human (When you make a mistake, fix it, immediately if you can.)
- Ask for help to treat yourself and others the way you want your higher power to treat you.
- Don’t stop doing 1 through 11, and Pass It On!!